Volunteers are the back-bone of our organization. Our volunteers are critical in maintaining our charitable, retail store-front. They also have many other non-profit responsibilities as they work on special projects and in the community.
Ways you could volunteer!
In the store:
- sharing the fair trade story with store customers
- tagging merchandise
- processing orders
- learning the cash register
- cleaning & organizing
- setting up & moving displays
- and more!
Our mission extends beyond our store-front, we travel within and outside Delaware county to educate others regarding unjust trading issues and what fair trade is doing.
- packing merchandise
- transporting merchandise to site
- selling at off-site
- speaking at an offsites
- giving a presentation to adults or children
- schedule new off-sites
We are thrilled to have this large room in our store. We host many events here—all relating to our mission. Volunteers help us shape how this space can be used for the benefit of all.
- scheduling and planning events
- promoting events (social media, word of mouth, flyers, etc)
- preparing space day of event
- cooking food so event attendees can sample fair trade items
- Clearing up the space after an event
- taking photos during events
- talking to other event attendees about GVC and fair trade
Be a Board Member:
- Yes, that’s right—our Board Members are volunteers! As a non-profit we do not have an owner, we are run by a board of volunteers.
We are also open to ideas and creativity—talk to us about how your talents could fit in with our mission! We are an open community.